Your MONEY, Your FUTURE
Your MONEY, Your FUTURE Program – Enables teens to understand vital personal finance, saving, and investing principles — knowledge that will empower them for a future of successful financial management. Our students learn skills in banking, budgeting, and being a wise consumer, as well as how to avoid overuse of credit.
This program emphasizes the benefits of saving for short-term goals and the value of investing to meet long-term goals. Teens also learn to read The Wall Street Journal, research potential investments, and minimize risk by diversifying their financial portfolios.
Students enjoy field trips, games, activities and guest speakers, as well as competing in the YoungBiz Portfolio Challenge, where they team up to create and present financial portfolios to a panel of experts. Equipped with practical life skills to handle money, campers will continue to demonstrate what they’ve learned about money long after this camp experience.
Every Your MONEY, Your FUTURE student will learn how to:
- Recognize the benefits of saving and investing
- Put money to work thus earning more money
- Set short- and long-term financial goals
- Research potential investments
- Read The Wall Street Journal stock tables
- Diversify and balance a financial portfolio
- Understand the dangers of credit abuse
- Open a savings or checking account
- Create a personal budget
Every Your MONEY, Your FUTURE camper receives:
- YoungBiz Your MONEY, Your FUTURE Program Guidebook
- Open an account with the Street Sage Stock Market Game and have access for 10 weeks
- Two issues of The Wall Street Journal
- Financial organizer, calculator, highlighter and pen
- YoungBiz USA T-shirt
- Certificate of Completion
experience, sign up to receive our newsletter with future camp information.